Sunday, November 20, 2005

Pretty? Ugly? or Pretty Ugly?

I was thinking about people and how some of them look pretty to me and some of them look ugly. And thought that someone who I think is beautiful could be considered 'not' in someone elses opinion. Well, then I thought of my self and that I am 27 and not married. (Not that I need to be at 27) not to mention not dating and no prospects either. Well none that I would admit on here. Anyway, I know alot of people from alot of places and some girls who are the most beautiful to our human eyes can be some of the ugliest people i've known. They can be coniving or have ugly motives or just be hateful, annoying or just depressing people. While there are girls I know who most of the world would say "They aint no Britney Spears" and I see them as genuinely beautiful people. When it comes down to it, it all depends on your own motives. I sometime think that it could be a negative attribute to be beautiful in the worlds eyes. What I mean by that is 'most' guys will take them for their surface beauty and never get to know them beyond what they see. And in return it could lead that girl to respond to that and in order to keep that attention will play the game of getting a response from guys. It would obviously make a girl feel nice to have guys always coming up to her and asking her for her number or hitting on her. But coming along with that could lead to vanity and pride. And that would be for the reason that many guys make her out to be more than she is in reality. But on the other side is the girl who those same guys would not go up to as readily or who would fall into the catagory of 'your average girl' or some even fall into the catagory of 'unattractive'. BUT I think that those last two catagories are important and pose the biggest oppurtunity of producing a truly beautiful girl. You see, the girl who isn't necessarily a head turner when she walks into a club, or down the street cannot play off of the vanity that it leads to, they have to work to be beautiful. But the great thing about that is that they become a girl who is beautiful for the rest of her life, and not just until she washes off the make-up or her highlights grow out.. or she gains a little weight that makes her lose her anorexic look she's been honing in for two years. It is something that those inner-beauty girls will retain for the rest of their life. They are the ones who will marry a guy with the same inner-beauty and raise a happy family and grow old together and still be happy and love each other! But those shallow outter beauty girls could end up being bar flys or divorced ... three times.. Just looking for happiness in guys instead of in God. Finding God at a young age and becoming happy and content in Him is a BIG step in having a happy relationship with anyone let alone a happy marriage. I am (i'm not sure the word to use) But I am the kind of person where I could hang out with a girl and think to myself "Lord this is the girl for me, she and I got along great, she is beautiful she loves You and it just has the be right". But then after a few days I will reconsider and think.. well is she really the one for me? And then I'm not sure, and even more glad I waited to say anything more that would lead her to think of us as just buddies?or friends. Granted that I don't know how she feels I could ruin a good friendship over something that may never be. And that is why I do not take other's advice when they say "Ask her on a date, what can it hurt"? Well to start with.. alot of drama if it is not to be.. Anyway, I met a girl the other night who I think about often, and have seen her most of my life, but the questions are still there, "When, God, when?" But I am comforted in the answer I give myself.. "When God sees fit for me to have a friend, that's when it will be". Until then I pray I fulfill my responsibilities on this earth and become a more beautiful person for my future wife, if God blesses me in that way. The beauty that we see if only skin deep, it is what lies behind that deceptive covering that matters the most!!

No comments:

Most critical 4 years!

As parents, we choose to have children and therefore we are obligated to sacrifice almost everything in our life to raise, teach and protect...