Friday, June 09, 2006

Any comparison,,,,, at all ? ?

My friend Jon posted his thoughts and opinions about a couple items including abortion, the war in Iraq, who the U.S. funds.. etc. etc. I want to quote one part of his post and encourage you to click on his name above and read his entire post. Actually check his blog often he has some deep, thought provoking and sometime provocative posts.


(Before I get into the meat of today's lesson, I want to make a point about these pro-life protesters. I think it's cool what they're doing, but I worry about the traumatic potential for regretful almost-mothers. I wonder if the abortion conversation would be better in a one-on-one environment of mutual respect. Also, I believe the term "intellectually dishonest" would apply to anyone who would support these banners but be opposed to an equally graphic depiction of what happens on a battlefield. There are plenty of innocent children and pregnant women who have been killed by our bombs and guns and tanks. Who will speak for them? I found it ironic to hear "pro-life" Bush celebrating the death of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi while driving past these protesters.)

Now I know that his whole loong post was not about abortion or the death of Zarqawi. But to compare the death of an innocent unborn child (of whom the prolife part spoke of) to the head of a terrorists group Abu Musab al-Zarqawi who, if he hadnt been blown up, probably would have admitted to all that he has done. Calling President Bush "Pro-life, which he claims to be, and then questioning the death of a terrorist under his command........??? Can they be compared at all??

I don't condone abortion of any kind. I don't condone or support war or killing of any kind. I think that this day and age war is not supported in scripture at all. Would any of you feel comfortable picking up a gun and killing someone that you know nothing about. Just because the commander says to kill? Not me.

So, A comparison of an unborn human being and a terrorist,,, is one mor acceptable to see deliberately killed????

No comments:

Most critical 4 years!

As parents, we choose to have children and therefore we are obligated to sacrifice almost everything in our life to raise, teach and protect...