Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mother's Day, Momma

Well, it's here again Mom, it's your day. Your day to be pampered and to relax and to celebrate you being the greatest mom. And yeah, you've been greater than any mom could, you've taught more and advised more than any other. I wouldn't trade our time together for anything in the world. Momma, I miss your terribly, when I need to turn to someone, all the important people are out of my life. When there is something significant that I want to tell, the excitement fades fast when I realize that anyone who'd genuinely care is gone. Yeh, Mom, sure there are people who would listen, but I don't want that. I will never have what you gave me again. I was the world. The kisses on the head when I was home from school sick. The love when I was hurt by someone else. The fun times and the laughs. Mom it was the words and now it's gone. I sit here and wonder what is supposed to happen now. I know its almost 8 years later but the hurt and emptiness is still there. I've needed you in the last few months and you're gone but the love is always there!! I'll see you someday but i'm not there yet! Well Mom, if there is anyway to get you the message "Happy Mother's Day".

1 comment:

Pam said...

Jeff,
It made me cry, too. I wanted to write some comforting words and tell you that I hurt for you, but I realize that nothing anyone can say would make you feel any better. Especially coming from someone who hasn't been there. So I will just do what I like best ... expression through songs.

Something beautiful,
something good;
All my confusion
He understood;
All I had to offer Him
was brokenness and strife,
But He made something
beautiful of my life.

I care.
Love, Pam

Most critical 4 years!

As parents, we choose to have children and therefore we are obligated to sacrifice almost everything in our life to raise, teach and protect...