Wednesday, May 11, 2005

How important are you anyway?

I've been thinking about how people make themselves to be self-important. What I mean by that is the way they carry themselves or how they present themselves or who they do not associate with etc. Recently at a church picnic, we were all in line for our buffet style food and the person in charge said, "If we could bow our heads Pastor " " will ask the blessing on the food". I was surprised when I saw that this person never removed his hat for the prayer. Now i've been taught since I was knee high to a camel that you always remove your hat when you pray, when you eat and when you enter a house. My theory on this particular person this time is that I think they were focusing so much on being important and receiving the glory for the 'big day' they planned that they forgot to remove their hat. Yeh i know that praying with your hat on won't send you to hell, it's just that this person actually believes you should remove your hat but this time forgot about it. So back to the self importance... There are many people who make themselves out to be important. I think that that goes along the lines of my theory on those who know alot and those who know little. "Those who know alot will talk little" "Those who know little will talk alot". you do the math.

No comments:

Most critical 4 years!

As parents, we choose to have children and therefore we are obligated to sacrifice almost everything in our life to raise, teach and protect...