Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Learning; Isn't that what it's all about?

These last couple days have been a learning experience for me. Through dicussion and explanation I have been learning some important lessons that I hope stick with me. I learned that it is ok to disagree with someone, and it is healthy to discuss your disagreements. One reason it is good is because both parties have the oppurtunity to understand each other more clearly. So even if you do not agree with someone, if you take the time and make the effort to understand, you may avoid hard feelings and unnecessary and wrong assumptions about them. So all in all I found it out to be good. Granted that the dicussions are not over, and as they say "The best is yet to come". Meaning I am awaiting an explanation that should clear up any misunderstanding I may have had. That is not to say that I will agree with everything that is explained, and it's not to say that I will disagree with any of it.. It's simply saying that I will hopefully have an understanding. And at that point, whether I agree or disagree is irrelevant!

1 comment:

jeff said...

wisdom there... an open enough mind to actually listen, comprehend, and then respond to someones difference of opinion will go far. It will even do more than that, it will strengthen your beliefs in certain things, and it will change your mind on certain things... in both cases a good outcome.

I love a good disagreement from time to time. It always makes me think.

peace bro
jeff

Most critical 4 years!

As parents, we choose to have children and therefore we are obligated to sacrifice almost everything in our life to raise, teach and protect...