Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Matthew 2:2 "We are come to worship MWS" .......

O come let us adore Him,
O come let us adore Him,
O come let us adore Him
Michael W. Smith

We'll give Him all the glory,
We'll give Him all the glory,
We'll give Him all the glory
Michael W. Smith

Oh, wait.. that's not how it goes..

It should end with "Christ the Lord"

But that is what I got after watching MWS upclose at Creation Fest this year. From the promotion of his new film on the jumbo-trons as his introduction, to how he flicked his hair and ran his hand through his hair as he sang. To his faithful reminder to his fans that he and George W. Bush are buddies.(maybe now isn't a good time to remind us of that) Anyway, Michael W. Smith was a big turn off this year at Creation. At first I thought it was just me being over sensitive to how the show was done.. but everyone I talked to about it felt the same way. He put on more of a "me" show this time than I have ever seen him do. He just seemed like he was really really into himself and all. Now, that's not to say I don't like bands who put on a good show and know who they are as a band. "Mercy Me" put on a big show, they actually brought in extra generators just to power up all Mercy Me's 6+ extra screens.. But I'm sure there is not one person who thinks they were too into themselves. I guess it's all in good taste.. I mean..Mercy Me did the band introductions as they walked off the stage and left no time for people to applaud them individually. (good taste, i thought) The Newsboys put on a huge show every year, but the way that Peter Furler conducts himself just doesn't have the same affect as MWS does. I almost wished Jon Reuben woulda popped his head out from backstage so we could start chanting "Get off the stage" without sounding too rude! But anyway, Michael W. Smith, get over yourself. One thing that I thought of is that he is so successful in his career and now he is a lead actor in a movie. He probably can't help but to get a big head and show off and bring attention to himself on stage.. when he is supposed to be leading worship and pointing all eyes and hearts to God, not his new movie coming out!! Time for a new worship leader.. If you think so too, Matt Redman is coming in the fall!

1 comment:

Jeff Myers said...

I'm not sure. It was in the Creation 05 brochure,, but I can't find any info online about it.. I'll be sure to let you know when I find out!

Most critical 4 years!

As parents, we choose to have children and therefore we are obligated to sacrifice almost everything in our life to raise, teach and protect...