Thursday, August 11, 2005

Questioning the Pastor?!

Recenly I've been going through this thing where I am critical of my church and want to question my pastor. But to question him isn't the easiest thing to do. And for some reason I've been made to feel that it is wrong to question him. It was once said that we have no right to question him because he is inspired by God to preach the way he does. I'm not exactly arguing that. AND get this next part, it's important. I am not looking for answers because everyone says yes or no. What I am asking you for is scripture references that point me toward my answer. I've heard all the opinions of why and why not. What I want now is parts of the Bible that will point me toward the truth and my own decision on that issue. Please feel free to give me some material to read. Even if it is a link to another site.. I exhausted google with no results!!!

From Frustrated in Philly!

Ok, there was a problem (I think) someone posted a comment that was only a big long advertisement.. so I took the comments off this post in order to get rid of hte ad. But this following comment was there and it deserved to stay.

Carrie N Becky said...

Acts 17:11 "Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true."

The Bereans were considered more noble because they, essentially, questioned what Paul said through examining the scriptures. What do you suppose they would have done had they found that he said was questionable? Proverbs 9:9 "Instruct a wise man and he will be wiser still; teach a righteous man and he will add to his learning."
11:29 PM

Most critical 4 years!

As parents, we choose to have children and therefore we are obligated to sacrifice almost everything in our life to raise, teach and protect...