Saturday, August 13, 2005

Re: Questioning my pastor

Thanks to CarrieNBecky for your comments on my last post. Since you took the time and interest to write your thoughts. I'd like you to consider this and see if you feel led to reply to this. So if your pastor felt convicted to teach about a women wearing a head covering.. how would you feel he should present/teach that? I'm just trying to get a feel to what you are saying.. because we may agree on that type of thing. What I mean is how things like that are presented. Also, My thing is (at this time in my life) if a pastor is on the pulpit teaching what the Lord has revealed to him, and it is different and contradicts what the Lord has revealed to another, who is right? Pastors are God's chosen, but are also not infallible. They are human, and humans are prone to make mistakes. That is my whole point. And if I were to ask "Where is the accountability?", the answer from them would be, "We are accountible to God". And if they give that kind of answer, who can aruge, even if we want to. They through in the word "God" and they got us. I'm not saying that we should argue with the pastors all the time.. BUT if something is taught a certain way, and we scratch our head in the wording or the teaching.... making a suggestion to,, have you considered this teaching.. and how this applies. to it.. It has just not been received well.. Making us feel as tho it is not welcome. Idk, Im still praying about it.

1 comment:

Jeff Myers said...

uh, yeh, this post is a response to that one.

Most critical 4 years!

As parents, we choose to have children and therefore we are obligated to sacrifice almost everything in our life to raise, teach and protect...