Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I'm just not good enough for them... Get over yourself !!

So you know how in every group there is the system of rejects to royalty?? Well it's there like it or not. I got something to say to that. First of all a recent conversation got me thinking. I have two different avenues of thought on this. First, the ones thought of as elite or better than the rest most times only get that label from the ones who feel low by their own choosing and assume the others put themselves at the top of the ladder, when in fact if you took the time to talk to them you'd find out they are more humble than you. Second when it comes to the jerk type of popular elites, as you may see them......
They get their 'power' because you give it to them. If you didn't fuel their ego with a response they would soon fizzle out and realize how much more pathetic their life is than they thought yours was. Throughout time their have been families that seemed to get a better deal in life or just more popular than the rest. I know, I went to school with them. I played basketball at school as a requirement not out of desire. I would have loved to play but when you have a group of pro athletes on your team why do you need the kid that we make fun of anyway?? Same with baseball, hockey and football, I got the least desirable positions because the extremely gifted athletes who I played with could never waste their talent on right field, hiking the football or playing defense in hockey!! I mean how could they shine??!! I say this not to play pity on me but to say that I played those positions because I loved the game and enjoyed it while they shined. It soon fizzled. They scored 3 goals a game I got one my career. But I would like to think my kids will be better for it when it comes time to play their kids in sports. I hope that what I learned can be passed on to play for the fun of the game. Not the trophy you will never get. And those with a big heavy trophy will only be weighed down by it in the race they run. Keep your egos and trophies , I'll run with nothing holding me down. So don't look up to people that don't deserve it. Don't assume you know others think they are better or more elite. And don't think of yourself as anything but great. If you do you're hurting yourself and there is no one to blame but YOU.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone4

No comments:

Most critical 4 years!

As parents, we choose to have children and therefore we are obligated to sacrifice almost everything in our life to raise, teach and protect...