Sunday, May 30, 2004

I got my first letter back from Joe (the prisoner) in Florida. Man, prison life must get pretty depressing after awhile. That is after 12 years in Joe's case!

-26- !!

There was a little discussion today between a few ppl and myself about a "prison ministry" and out of that one of them suggested, "We could go into the prison (Holmesburg) and give them a concert type of praise & worship time! What a great idea I thought and then I thought, Oh the work that is cut out! But I still think it is a great idea. Alot of people think of prisoners as "they got what they deserved" or "they belong there". But thats all wrong, in reality they got what we all deserve, and we actuall deserve more!! We are all sinners and criminals and deserve death except for the fact that we know the saving grace of Jesus' blood!! And most of them desperately need that!! Just think of spreading the saving message of Jesus Christ to prisoners who need some kind of hope! What better hope than Jesus, right?

No comments:

Most critical 4 years!

As parents, we choose to have children and therefore we are obligated to sacrifice almost everything in our life to raise, teach and protect...