Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My baby is the best

As I am sitting here rocking my daughter to sleep for about the 300th time in her life, I'm pondering how she has grown in one year and how she has put up her fights about every other night. But when she does put up those fights I just smile and thank the Lord for my baby! (most nights anyway) I've actually dozed off while walking the hall with her and slept through her crying. But all in all even in those tough times of no sleep and crankiness I try to remember to thank God for what seems like the ultimate blessing!! It's an amazing thing to be a father. To be entrusted with such a precious thing as a little girl, to love and hold, protect and provide for and love her Momma unconditionally as she loves me. Family is a blessing that dwarfs all else. If I were to ever tell my child "not right now, I'm busy" I would be a failure. If I were ever to busy for them,,, I'd need a reality check. I love my wife and daughter unconditionally with all my heart. This post is dedicated to my selfless wife. Thanks baby!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hopefully, your wife will see this and save it so if or when she ever feels unloved ( i know that seems impossible out of the realm of possiblitly) she can read that and be reassured.

Most critical 4 years!

As parents, we choose to have children and therefore we are obligated to sacrifice almost everything in our life to raise, teach and protect...