Thursday, April 08, 2004

I have an idea, lets put all the Liberal left wingers in the trenches in Iraq, if they survive, then we'll take up where we left off in their senseless chatter.

Thats the daily dose of politics.

I think that I am the only one working tomorrow (Good Friday). I've decided that what I look fwd to more than anything else each morning is that first drink of Pepsi when I get to work. My breakfest consists of a 20oz. Pepsi and a 99cent bag of Doritos, most of the time anyway. My prayers are with Jared & Beth! Have you ever tried to make a point and the person you are trying to make the point to just doesn't seem to care? Now I know how Dr. Rice felt during the hearings. I'm still waiting for the bookcase. I actually modified my wishes, it has to be one that I can hang on my wall. Random Fact: 60% of all successful suicides in the United States are committed with a gun. Not that you care about that or anything. If we had one chance to make a difference in a kids life, what would we do? Well for some kids we may have already blown it. I see it from where I am in my life. I am not quite a kid anymore and I still see traits in adults that could turn kids away. I think the biggest thing that turns kids off to talking to or putting trust in someone is when a person does not let them talk. A young person would be mustering up the courage to say something or ask something and all the while the adult feels the obligation to just spew all their vast knowledge out and rattle on and on to the kid. If we shut our mouth and opened our ears and minds we could make a wolrd of difference in a kids life! I know from experience, because I have been turned off by elders in my church. I got to talk to them, all they do is talk to me. I had too much respect to say, "I came to talk to you, not to listen to you blab, SHUT UP AND LISTEN". So eventually I stopped tlaking to that person. You see, you can drive them away by just talking too much. The best way to have a conversation with anyone is to listen to what they ahave to say, when they are done speaking wait a few seconds then respond. If you are constantly interrupting or speak as soon as they finish, they get the impression that you are not listening and do not care!

Shabana is coming on Friday night, no idea where we should go. Any suggestions? CW is Sat. no idea if im going. zz time

No comments:

Most critical 4 years!

As parents, we choose to have children and therefore we are obligated to sacrifice almost everything in our life to raise, teach and protect...