Tuesday, April 13, 2004

I've heard all the stories. I've seen all the signs, witnessed all the glory, tasted all that's fine, But nothing compares to the greatness of knowing you Lord, Oh No. Nothing compares to the greatness of knowing you Lord, Oh No. I see all the people, wasting all their time, building up their riches, for a life thats fine, nothing compares to the greatness of knowing you Lord, Oh no, nothing compares to the greatness of knowing you Lord, oh No! --Those words that were spoken and written by the Apostle Paul apply just as much to our lives today as they did two thousand years ago when he wrote them. that in our lives. no matter where we could go, or who we could meet, or what we could see, or what we could earn, or be given to us, or accomplish, there is nothing in our lives that will ever even come close to knowing Jesus Christ our Lord-- And I find myself just living for today, cause i dont know what tomorrows gonna bring, so no matter if i rise or fall, i'll never be alone, no no !! no !! nothing compares to the greatness of knowing you Lord, oh No! Nothing compares to the greatness of knowing you Lord! Oh NO !! Nothing compares to the greatness of knowing You Lord, Nothing compares to you Lord, nothing compares to You Lord !! Nothing compares to the greatness of knowing You, Lord!

Knowing the Lord Jesus Christ is the most important thing in any person's life. Some peole just don't realize just how important it is. It's not about church, it's not about religion, it's not about work, it's not about good deeds. It is about knowing and having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. If we have a genuine love for the Lord all these things will be biproducts of our faith in Jesus Christ. And not just faith in Him for the little things, but faith in Him for the big things too. If He only wanted us to have faith in Him for little things would not he have said "have faith in me for the little things, but when it comes to things such as your health, finances, protection etc. just find a human way to do it because I cannot come close to matching up to the human efforts you mortals use. If we think that it is great now and we still depend on ourselves and human ways, man wait until our "All on the altar of sacrifice is laid". Why do we think it is called sacrifice. Because all in all, when judgement days comes. The deciding factor is going to be "Did you believe and have faith in my Son, Jesus Christ?" Now what could believe mean, well we know that most of us believe that Jesus Christ died for our sins, But do we really have faith that Jesus Christ will provide, protect and heal? Nothing compares to the greatness, not even giving into temptation to go to man for the things that God promises. "He who has promised is faithful" Hebrews 10:23 NIV. Do we really believe what he promised us? Or just slip by and do it our way since it looks so much more logical? I wouldn't want to be caught doubting on that day when He comes back to see how many he will find watching and faithful!! because we do know what the Bible says in Revelation 21:8 "But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.” I don't think that means the ones who did that years ago before they had a moment of saving faith, but that means ALL as it is all those people whether they did it long ago or today, if they never repent, that is where their place is, that is a good reminder to stay on the path that leads to eternal life! It is not just that we call ourselves Christians that will get us saved and it is not that we "got saved" one time a long time ago, that is our ticket to Heaven. But moreso it is a continuing life of faith in Jesus Christ and where there is genuine faith there will also be fruits of the Spirit. James 2:26"As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead". The Lord Jesus Christ loves me and I love the Lord Jesus Christ. "Lord grant me the ability to love you more than ever and follow your precepts and ways, Lord, I dont know what tomorrow will bring, if i will rise or fall, or if everyone will like me or hate me, But Lord, one thing that I know is that You are Lord and if I remain in You, You will remain in me, John 15:4. Lord, there is nothing that I want to do more than to live for you a life that is pleasing to you and I can do it no other way than with the ability that You give me. I am nothing with out you and anything that I do, is just a reflection of you shining in me.

No comments:

Most critical 4 years!

As parents, we choose to have children and therefore we are obligated to sacrifice almost everything in our life to raise, teach and protect...