Sunday, April 11, 2004

CW was excellent last night as usual! I was not going to go, but through a course of events including some ppl asking for rides and some who may not have gone, I went. I was glad I did even though i was not too active. I went with a down feeling, but that kinda picked up when I got into the night! Tronster showed up and we chatted a little bit. But, after CW was over I just wanted to hand Tronster some literature that I had for him and talk for 5 minutes, but the Lord used him and opened the way for us to spend 1.5 hours together in this really cool coffee house across the street. God used that night and used tronster to really bring peace to something that I have struggled with for a long time! I swear that every time I talk to this guy, the encouragement that he gives is amazing! I did apologize for the late start back to Maryland that he had, but I'm sure he realizes just as I do that that talk was put in place by none other than God our Father for the betterment of both of our spiritual lives. I definitely have to keep closer contact with him, well more than once every 2 months anyway. Jeff Stoltzfus was also a great encouragement, he talked about the youth group that his wife revived and now 11 years later, CW was birthed from that almost deceased youth group. That in itself is enough to say that God will use anything, anyone, anywhere to do great things IF------IF they are dedicated and have a true heart for the Lord ! I think that one of the things that could be detrimental to a group is if they plateau on their adventure with God. What I mean by that is that if you are growing and maturing with God through whatever means you have, be it youth group, events, volunteering etc. don't stop growing with the Lord, don't let what you do become monotonous and therefore spiritual growth come to a halt! Continue to pray and ask God to give you more and more learning experiences and to be used in greater ways by Him. If a person has a sincere heart for the Lord, or a 'heart of worship', I don't think there is a limit to the way that God will use them! I think that something that is done too often is someone will feel a calling to do something for the Lord and they hold off, or wait. Maybe hoping that someone else will take the initiative or whatever. But don't!! If you feel the Lord tugging, calling you to something, pray, and if it is where the Lord is sending you, GO! (As we rocked to last night with Andy Hunter) GO and do what the Lord wants you do to. BUT, don't think that its just another thing to do. It takes time, energy, interest, dedication, compromise, and sacrifice!! And, all worth it because it is for the Kingdom of God and helping people here on earth to hear about the love that Christ has for them !! Another thing is I think that too many times when we think we may have a calling, we sit back and wait,,,, instead of running after the heart of God! Louie Giglio speaks about that and has some good things to say.

Ohh time to head back to church for the Easter story!

No comments:

Most critical 4 years!

As parents, we choose to have children and therefore we are obligated to sacrifice almost everything in our life to raise, teach and protect...